Single-chip DVB-T and universal analog demodulator with IF processing for terrestrial and cable broadcasts
The FM2050, is a low-power, single-chip demodulator for DVB-T and universal analog (NTSC, PAL, SECAM) and television broadcasts. Bridging the analog-digital broadcast TV divide around the world, the FM2050 applies the company’s innovative technologies, enabling consumers to experience true broadcast TV quality on next-generation TVs, set-top boxes, DVD-Rs, DVRs and PCs. The FM2050 eliminates complexity by bringing together universal legacy video (NTSC, PAL, SECAM) and audio demodulation, digital video demodulation, and IF processing into a single IC. Encapsulated in a 48-pin QFN package, the FM2050 directly accepts the IF output of commonly available “CAN” and silicon tuners and generates digital MPEG streams and analog CVBS video with SIF audio. Additional features include I2C compatible control, tuner control output, and an embedded state machine.
The FM2050 establishes a new benchmark for high quality TV performance and significant system cost reduction in an ultra-small footprint:
Broad compatibility across transmission and performance standards
- NorDig Unified, ETSI 300 744 DVB-T compliant, and NTSC/PAL/SECAM
- Proven field performance
Significant system cost reduction and design simplification for CE / PCTV applications
- agileSP™ architecture delivering unmatched performance
- No external Variable Gain Amplifier (VGA) required
- Integrated Universal SAW Filter and PGA functionality. No SAW filters required.
- IF Tuner Flexibility
- Superior Adjacent Channel Filtering
- Exceeds NorDig 1.02 and key analog demodulation performance benchmarks
- Enhanced Impulse Noise Suppression
- Co-channel interference algorithms
Fresco Microchip delivers high performance, low power singlechip hybrid receiver for terrestrial and cable television>More (pdf)